Various inspection modules are used for the thorough inspection of guestrooms, so that certain areas and aspects that tends to be neglected while cleaning and inspection are particularly checked by supervisors. Some hotels develop these as separate lists and incorporate these neglected areas in their routine inspection check lists. These modules often have easy to remember names such as the Quick six inspection or the dirty dozen
In general ,the most commonly neglected areas in the guestroom includes :-
• The area between the bed and the nightstand, where food particles, dirt, and debris may accumulate since these areas is usually hidden by the bedspread.
• The interiors of drawers and wardrobes, where dust may accumulate in crevices.
• Surface below the lamps and other accessories kept on the tables, where dust accumulates because they tend to be overlooked.
• The tops of picture frames hung on walls, which tend to gather dust as they are not easily visible to eye.
• The top edges and back of doors, which if not cleaned on a regular basis may collect a lot of dust.
• The diffuser grills of radiators or air conditioners which can collect stubborn dirt.
• Ceilings which may show cobwebs if not attended to daily.
• The carpet area behind free standing furniture that is near but not against the wall, such as a credenza standing on one side.
• Pillows and pillowcases, which should be free of wrinkles or stray hairs and which should have a fresh smell.
• The tiled area next to the shower, which collects grime and shows water marks if not attended to daily.
• The area behind the toilet bowl, including pipes, cisterns, and the toilet-roll receptacle, which all provide surfaces and nooks where dirt settles.
• The area under the vanity unit and towel racks, which are hard to reach and may accumulate a lot of dust and debris. The tiles behind the vanitory unit also get water marks and soap marks easily.
• The faucet filters, which may be stained brown due to dirt collecting in them.
• The air vents in the toile, which are hard to reach and which, if neglected during routine cleaning, may collect stubborn grime and dust.
• The baseboard in the guest bedroom as well as the bathroom, which too accumulate dust.